Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You've maybe heard of LA? Still seems to make more sense than any others, as well as Vegas. Austin just seems like a headache for most fans to travel to. Watkins Glen is a great track, but has lousy spectator facilities and isn't exactly convenient from the city. If nothing else, hopefully the Austin track is accessible by their light rail.
I was thinking of Laguna Seca or Infineon which are just outside of SF. I'm admittedly not familiar with the tracks around LA but do agree that LA would be another great option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I hear ya, but the Glen isn't really that close to NY city either.
Well aware, but if they're building a track from the ground up in Texas, I don't see why they can't do it somewhere in the tri-state. Maybe the cost of real estate was a factor? We're pretty well built-up out here in the NYC metro area and likely a similar scenario in LA.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0