View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #112
MonsterM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328i SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I was not even referencing the Accord Coupe as there is there is been no testing done on the F32 yet.

I am also only going by EPA data where the F30 is 10% better than the V-6 examples you gave.

We are still getting away from the E90 and F30 scenario, the more we are talking about new V-6 japanese cars being faster, the more it seems we are glazing over that the case is even more severe when the E90 is brought back into this.

Granted, I have yet to see N55 F30's be faster than E90 N55/N54 cars, that is a legitimate talking point.

But the fact is 328 to 328, the F30 does a lot right in terms of power/performance/economy. I have spent weeks dealing with Rogue Engineering who said in the past they would not develop parts for the base 3 series, but the N20 F30 is different as they see lots of tuning potential. Other tuners are looking at it the same way.
I was trying to make a point that current two Japanese V6's I posted perform as good if not better than the turbo fours while returning similar fuel economy and the kicker is they are not even DI. In reference to tuning, I am all for tuning and the potential that the FI offers, however I do have some long term ownership concerns with a tuned 2.0T that utilizes 19 PSI max boost out of the box.
Appreciate 0