02-20-2007, 03:43 AM   #10
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Oh ok ... so there is basically 3 kits ... Currently yes...but others will likely be out by other replica companies!

OEM Aero which is the first pic above ... Yes...its been out already. I believe this was just a body kit.

M Sport / M Package Which is coming out later this year (added the pics to first post) Yes...it resembles the "M-tech package" that was already out for the sedan. This included a body kit, and some interior changes...different steering wheel, door sills, different hand brake, and different shifter for 6mt. Usually has the ///M logo on the interior changes to signify Msport or Mtech...whatever you want to call it. So this option was items for both interior and body modifications. All OEM.

and the M-Kit which is a aftermarket kit made to look like the M5 Front bumper Yes, several aftermarket companies are in race to get these done to capture the most out of the market. Some are replicas (meaning they use OEM concept design to create their product) and some are independent original designs (some have interior design changes as well)...thus these are not OEM. Since some use similar names to OEM, its a marketing thing, and can get consumers confused. Bottom line...are these replica (basically fakes or renditions of the OEM) or orginal aftermarket (not OEM, but also not really copying anything--original designs by vendor).

Correct? Am I missing any ? Also are these M Packages available for the E90 as well? There are other kits out there for the sedan (E90) which may use a spin on Aero, Mtech, Msport..or may not use them at all. The most popular is the OEM M-tech/Msport. But, yes..there are others out there.

Last edited by magmd; 02-20-2007 at 04:05 AM.