SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I have an appointment on Monday for this exact problem. My E91 has already been in once. They just updated the computer last time, but it still occurs. No stereo sound, blank screen, won't eject dvd or cd. I used the SOS button and they could not locate me. They showed me as being at the last place I stopped. The other problem I have is the moonroof. Sometimes it works other times it won't, until I shut off the engine for awhile. I hope taking it back in is not a waste of time.
Your iDrive problem sounds just like my December problem. In mine they first replaced one module but that didn't fix the problem. Then BMW AG authorized them to replace all modules and a bit of the wiring loom. At least that got the iDrive to function albeit sporadically. I've probably had two dozen times since December when the iDrive had it's temper tantrum but I just park the car for about fifteen minutes and it settles down. It's like a little child!
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0