View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
witeagle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW Z4 2.8i * 10 BMW X3

Dealers also send cars to auction if they have to much inventory of the same vehicle already. Here is a perfect example I heard last week while shopping for an X3 for my wife. In the used showroom of a BWM dealer, there were two 3 series wagons. I gave them a quick glance just of of interest since you don't usually see 2 of them in the indoor showroom. The salesman said he actually just took a 3rd in from a trade-in and they were going to send it off to auction since they already had 2, but it was really clean with low miles. It was at the garage being prepped to put on the showroom floor and they'd either move one of the others off the floor, or send it to auction.

So, the dealers sometimes just send a nice and sometimes really nice car to the auction because they just don't have the room.