07-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
Just out of interest, and sorry if you may have mentioned doing this already, but have you ever tried the throttle adaptation reset? I tried it once almost 2 years ago and put the results down to the placebo effect where you want to feel a difference. But now with my car's throttle behaviour lately I decided to give this another go this afternoon.

Key Fob in, ignition on, foot flat on the throttle (don't go near the clutch pedal) for 30 sec, then push the Start button. Leave everything as is for 2 minutes, then switch the ignition off. This should reset all throttle adaptation values.

With my car I can feel a slight improvement of the throttle feel, but the engine also seems to be smoother in general and less affected when taking your foot off the throttle. Went for an extensive drive on familiar and not familiar routes so that this is not down to muscle memory etc. Worth a try if you haven't done this yet - there are a few other threads about this on this forum.
No I haven't done this. This will start the coolant bleeding process too (at the 10-12 second mark), right?

I was going to try to get my German in order and see if INPA or DIS could be used to clear various adaptations and know that they're all definitely done (as opposed to wonder if a "user" procedure worked or not). Some of my INPA is in English and other parts are die hard German regardless of settings. Maybe there's some kind of process I could use to get more English in there - don't know - still learning.

As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if I didn't read somewhere that this was a transmission adaptation reset and not throttle. This was your 6MT you tried this on, right?
Appreciate 0