View Single Post
      06-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #74
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Not trying to flame you, and that's your own choice. But actually, certain Oakleys are one of the few brands that the US Army has deemed that meets ballistic standards we see in combat. But that being said, all of us have the choice, and everyone I know chooses to wear Oakleys. Says something. We're not out there plinking targets to see who's the fastest. The military puts there lives on the line, and it's not a "game"
Your right, I didn't relize oakley made those lenses. I'm basing all this off my real world experience being in law enforcement. Only guys wearing the oakleys from standardissue are kids coming out of the academy. Talking to other guys, it's because they prefer the looks of other glasses over the oakley that tend to look too sporty most of the time. I specifically agree with that. I like something more sophisticated or classy looking for every day. And a pair of shooting glasses are free for us.

Not to say also that a different law enforcement agencies will be different also.
Appreciate 0