View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #86
Jonjt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
It's almost like the elephant in the room. Had they come out and mentioned it from day 1, then they're just acknowledging the product/service even exists and probably don't feel the need to provide free advertising. And let's be honest, how many times have we read about a dealer trying deny a warranty claim on some totally unrelated mod. "We can't replace the broken headlight because it resulted from the use of aftermarket springs that caused a non-factory like ride quality." It seems like they were always bullish on trying to deny you free work if possible.
Is that their standard positon? Deny the existance of aftermarket products, until the point when someone comes in with coilovers and downpipes? I would think that people interested in tuning are not going to find out about it by reading the warranty agreement. They will either already know or, will know where to find out.

But, I'm just some name and number on some papers somewhere. What do I know about warrantying millions of vehicles?

IMO, if you decide to mod, always have the funds to deal with the conseqences, if something goes boom. Always have a beater, because those commute miles can have a much more detrimental effect that most think.
Appreciate 0