Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoE46 View Post
Good results with the Dinan Flash. The car is fast already and anything that makes it faster and comes with a little engineering amd warranty behind it is awesome.

I saw the Vishnu products before I even purchased my car. I was planning to get one, but was confused by the whole solenoid bypass design. The first and most obvious question was why was there a need to do a bypass??? If the device has true control of all the required paramaters (inputs to ECU) why would there be a need to do this? Well, I looked and looked and diagramed the system and watched the install video over and over. No matter how many times I did, the rear turbo wastgate ended up cponnected directly to the vaccum accumulator. I asked a question but was rebuffed by fan boys. The majority opinion was that both accumulators were hooked up through the front solenoid to keep duty cycle times the same. I don't deny that the rear accumulator has a path to the front solenoid, however, it is on the wrong freakin side and has a direct path to the wastegate. I decided to wait. Not a week later, the forum was awash with people with ticking and whiring noises from the.....drumroll......rear turbo wastegate. What did the majority of these people share in common??........Vishnu.

I am glad his new systems don't rely on the bypass, but the fact still remains that the initial attempts were not ready for prime time......and let's not forget the daily limp mode posts with the products. I am all for pay to play, but do your homework on your own dime....that is what I expect when I pay for a product.

Sorry to vent. I read the post and thought the comments from Shiv were unecessary. I read all of the marketing hyperbole in his posts about technical prowess and engineering capability. He appears to have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.....hence the continuous release of new versions as he continues to learn what he claims to already know.

Just my .02
away.
I totally agree with your assessment. I don't have anything against shiv though... he's out to get his own, and that's the American way.

Here's how I see it... Dinan is Macintosh and Vishnu Tuning is PC in the sense that you don't really get to mess with much on a Macintosh because everything is pretty much set -- you just take it out of the box, plug it in, and use it without any worries or problems. It may not be as flexible as the PC, but it works every time. Vishnu is like a PC in the sense that you have more you can mess with... more programs, more settings, more personalization (and cheaper, while we're at it), but you also have the capability of really screwing it up... So it would seem at first that you can't really go wrong with the PC... if you want to play it safe, don't download anything and only use programs that the computer came with... but who does that?? Nobody... everyone's going to be tempted to download the newest program that speeds up their web browser... and then you start running into problems with computer glitches and crashes.

The only thing is that with PC's, you can just reformat the computer and start from scratch--no harm done. But with your car, whatever damage is dealt is dealt, end of story.

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0