05-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #23
SGP335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92 Jet Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven View Post
I've gotten about 4, all of them in Rockville. I usually laugh at the police when they write me a ticket for it. They're making a difference in the world one front tag ticket at a time... lol Then when you really need them, like after an accident, your ride is all kinds of messed up. They don't write a report because there was no bodily injury so its completely up to your insurance to figure it out. If they can take an hour of their time to follow me from a restaurant late at night, just to write me a 55$ ticket for no front tag, but they can't take 10 minutes to write a report saying there was an accident and it wasn't my fault... How much respect am I supposed to have for cops? Yea its a hard job, its dangerous, but when it comes down to when you really need help. They're nowhere to be found, or they're too late anyways.
Now we are getting a bit personal... Yes it is a dangerous job, as you saw two weeks ago when I lost a friend doing his job. As for writing accidents...

I work in Silver Spring and we deal with so many minor accidents that we honestly don't have time to deal with all of them. Our directives state that we should not write accidents unless there is bodily injury or one or more vehicles needs to be towed. An accident report takes about 30 minutes to complete, if your fast, 45 if you're slow, and thats if it's 2 cars no passengers. Now while i'm writing that accident which none of the above falls under and a robbery goes out I can't go because i'm dealing with the minor PDC (which you pay you insurance company to investigate anyway...) So now you're mad cause i'm not there when you "Really need help".

I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with MCPD but I assure you that we do plenty of good. If you really want to do something about your issue write Ike Leggett and tell him you want the police to reinstate a program tested in Silver Spring in which Officer can writer a ticket (which takes less than ten minutes) to the at fault party of a PDC, without writing a report. This saves us time and solves both of your problems.
As I posted earlier, unless you come through my beat in a stolen car or have I Kilo on you, I could care less if it has a front tag. Rockville is a bit slower and they may write more minor violations.
Appreciate 0