View Single Post
      08-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
slavke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330i sport & prem

Problem with 330i CPO, need advice

So here is a new one I didn't come across yet. I am a owner of e90 330i CPO and bought it as a lease return from a bmw dealership in montreal. Now I live in Ottawa and have been servicing my car there at Elite bmw and one of my latest repair was the wiper transmition had to be replaced because they were not parking in proper spot. So they replace it I pay $50 deductable since its covered under CPO and everything is good and well right? Well ever since the replacement I started noticing engine noise creeping in where windshield meets the dash and its quite noticable. So I take the car back in and show it to service rep and she was amazed too that no one noticed that. So after waiting for 15 min she comes back with a shocker. She said that my car has aftermarket windshield installed at some point and who ever installed it did not istall the bottom rubber piece properly. They just glued it on instead of clipping it. So this was working ok untill they had to take it out to fix wiper problem but they couldn't put it back in aperantly. So now she is saying that I might have to pay the labour for fixing this problem and they might even have to lift the windshield.
I am also thinking if I have windshield insurance coverage to replace the windshield since it has 3 large rock chips but its a long shot. What do you think I should do?
Appreciate 0