08-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 328i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Yes, which is why they only have two wires. One positive, one ground. The stock paddles have three wires: two positives (one to send the signal to shift up, one for down) and a shared ground. You should be able to very easily change the wiring of the LCI paddles to match the originals.
So...when you're done, you end up with paddles that shift only one way, right? I have that on my M3 steering wheel that I retrofitted into my E46 328ci but I actually like the stock paddle function on the E9x better. To each his own.

What got me onto this thread was a search for Nexon Motors. I was looking at their aluminum finish (perlglanz chrome) SSG paddles they were selling. I like them better than the stock chrome ones. These are apparently out of the E71/72 (X6) but are supposed to fit the M Sport and M steering wheels for the E9x.

Any experience with these??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...item19c681b2ca
"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires." (Isaiah 54:11)
Appreciate 0