View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #1600
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I have a few questions and any help would be appreciated! I picked up the Porter Cable 7424xp recently and would like some help picking out polish/sealant/etc.

This will be for a Barrique Red Metallic '07 335i...it looks great from most angles, but up close you can definitely tell it went through many a dealership carwash w/ the previous owner

Trunk lid

Hood

As you can see, the hood took most of the abuse, but luckily the rest of the car only has minor swirls and thankfully even the worst looking ones aren't deep enough to catch your fingernail. Every imperfection on the car looks much worse now given that it has a fresh coat of Meguiar's NXT though (wax filled into all the swirls) too.

Anyway, after reading a ton of reviews, most all of the Menzerna stuff looks nice. The Menzerna Micro Polish SF 4500 (PO85RD) looks good as a 2nd or 3rd step polish, but I'm not sure how aggressive I should start given the current condition of the paint and my color paint in general: PO83? PO91E? Or maybe M105/M205 from Meguiars?

Also, which is a better LSP: Black Fire Wet Diamond or Menzerna Power Lock?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0