View Single Post
      08-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

I did a full cycle. Stock sports suspension -> hr springs -> kw v2 -> ohlins

the sports were nice when the car was stock. Hr springs only, car was too low and harsh. The v2's were nice for the first year and half and then serious downhill. Very stiff ride even on soft settings and the car felt worse than a Kia in corners. Ohlins, very complient. Comfortable even when it's set to a stiffer setting. I'm running high spring rates as well and the ride quality is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
As everyone has said already, you must replace the rear subframe bushings. On a modified car, with an LSD, you have much more torque going through the rear suspension and that accelerates wear of the bushes. The M3 bushes are a big improvement, though only noticeable to people who actually have a good feel and understanding of what their car is doing

One question for you - how do you like the Ohlins R/T suspension? Did you go from stock to the Ohlins, or did you have something in between? I'm having a custom-valved Ohlins suspension installed on my car tomorrow morning - in the afternoon we're joining the Industry Pool day at the Nurburgring to set everything up
Appreciate 0