View Single Post
      01-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

I assume your in for MT.

Think of the 335 as a modded 328i and its more delicate, as are mosted heavy modded cars.

I was in the same boat and decided on the 328i coupe and not a moment of regret. Im not trying to keep up with a buddy's faster car or other peer pressures.

Years ago I got a new Mercedes E430 which was about 9 grand more than the E320. Same car, same dynamics. The 8cyl never was the issue like the 335 motor is with fuel pump and other problems. What I found was the car burst of speed was really only for recreation purpose and if it was not there I'd really be cool with it. That was my conclusion and deducted that if I take my head out of the specs and just drive the 328 is plenty quickk enough and handles just the same (slightly better with weight loss??) and not have the worry of long term ownership with the turbo.

Thats my take. 335 guys love their cars and it validates them when others follow suit. 328i owners maybe just as guilty. So yeah, I love my car and enjoy it even without its world class 0-60. If you have the need for speed then go 335 and enjoy the guilty pleasure!
Appreciate 0