09-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ickk View Post
Ok my world just went into a spin lol when I upload the 12-17 maps they didn't have stage 0 or 1 or 2 it just had it for a 6at and 6at upgraded turbos so since I didn't have upgraded turbos I went with 6at . If some one wouldn't mind could they send me a link to the 5-23 maps and firmware . As for plugs filter iv changed those and i oiled the filter about a month ago. The carbon cleaning in scheduled with in the next couple weeks i have 72k on the it now . Thanks for all the great info guys keep it coming . So should I load those maps first then do logs ?
The newest 9-10 maps will have selection folders for auto or manual transmission. Then inside those folders are individual tune files numbered Stage 0-3. Stage 0 is for 91 octane or some cars that just don't handle as much boost as most. Stage 1 is for 93 octane and minimal mods. Stage 2 would work with a FMIC and intake. Stage 3 would need FMIC, intake, and DPs with 93 octane. The reason for the manual selection is that autotuning is not active on any of these aggressive maps.

If you don't want to fool with it, run the 7-29 autotuning map for your transmission.

Make sure you have uploaded the proper firmware (v111). Also, unzipping the contents leads to failure on my Vista laptop due to a file name with a colon in it. Anytime I unzip those files, I choose SKIP, not CANCEL.