View Single Post
      06-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #18
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

I've having similar issues with the 325i SP I just got for my younger sister. I'm not sure if my problem is related, but for me, as I let up on the brake pedal for a smooth stop, the car stops and goes again (car moves about an inch) and stops again. I noticed this on the other 325i (non-sport). I brought this issue to the attention of my shop foreman and he said he noticed it on both the 325 & 330's he's driven. They've filed a PUMA case, but BMW has no solution for the problem yet.

The brake pedal also feels very sticky. My car is a 745Li (with many problems) and this car feels similar to how the auto-park brake feature feels on the 7's. When you let up on the pedal, the pedal feels like it's sticky and doesn't quite follow your foot.

My 745Li is in the shop again for an emissions fault and I've been driving an X3 2.5i loaner that has much better brake feel compared to my E90 325i and 745Li.

I thought my MB E55 AMG with Sensotronic brakes were bad...but this new 3 has some of the worst brake modulation feel I've ever felt. BMW needs a lesson from Porsche on brake feel.
Appreciate 0