United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ
my apologies to you geeslice, i was just being sarcastic. but glad you hear and i see you got you 3 on order, so thats why maybe you fell under my radar.

i was thinking about this thread and what if, this is just a culture/age difference thing. im about the same age as slubu and similar backgrounds so.cal college grad and maybe thats just how it is here in so.cal. maybe theres more pressure on the women here, than say the midwest, and have lower self-esteems, thanks to the media-drivin so cal culture. and for the older crowd with families maybe you guys are instinctively protective and view slubu's actions as childish/ hurtful. maybe maybe oooo this thread is getting interesting...
I don't know how old you and slubu are but I am 23 and I think part of it is because I'm a girl that I think it's gross what slubu is doing but as I said before he's not completey to blame. It takes two to tango and if she's putting up with that... she needs as much help as he if not more. Perhaps I'm more critical of the girl because I am a girl and as for all girls there has always been some guy who didn't treat you right and it's easier to say "she should have walked away" because that's what i did.

As for age/cultural differences. I live in the DC suburbs and things are pretty screwed up here. I haven't been so SoCal since I was younger but I can barely relate to girls my own age let alone a few years younger. Things are culturally speeding up in general I believe across the country, although some might be faster than others. I remember when I was in HS the average age for someone to lose their virginity was 16 which I thought was young... now I hear it is 12/13. It's just kinda sad... and it's not like I'm some crazy conservative bible-thumping person I just wish kids could be kids and not little adults. I know I would have prefered to be a kid for longer... especially now that I'm in the "real world"!!!

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
Appreciate 0