05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueisking View Post
A car with a tune probably won't have more carbon/soot than a D driven by a "normal" driver because the car with the tune will likely experience a lot more WOT time and burn off much of that carbon/soot. But of course that's still worse than stock D driven very hard.

When I test drove my D, both rear tires were bald. The dealer installed new tires as part of the deal. I knew I would drive the car at least as hard as the guy who previously owned it so it didn't bother me. The car obviously logged a lot of WOT time so carbon hopefully wouldn't be an issue and hasn't been so far.
Yeah I do try to drive hard as much as possible. Going to do a walnut blasting procedure when I reach 50K miles to ease my mind and wallet for the future. Still going to jump on a extended warranty too.
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0