11-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Does the Dinan cooler replace the factory core? Or is it auxiliary to the existing cooler? Regardless, you’ll need a fair amount of mounting parts since your car did not come with the brackets, lines, routing etc for the stock cooler. You’ll also need a different oil filter housing plate to accommodate the oil cooler lines. But all in all, it’s absolutely doable.

In terms of tune, there is honestly so much to discuss. But I’d just say in short: do not waste your money on a Dinan tune out of warranty. Very modest bump in power and over-priced. Personally if I wanted to go tune only I’d just run a JB4 on Map 5 and leave it be. That’s a pretty idiot proof setup that will get you more power than anything Dinan offers.
Yeah Dinan has a kit for an ungodly amount to add all the gear for a cooler. The one for my model though says it will not work with a M sport bumper. I've had friends with 335's before and they all ran hot with tunes so I'm pretty sure I'll need one.

I'll look into the JB4 what kind of base mods will I need to support Map 5. I don't want to have a motor I need to baby. If I find a ricer at a light being a d**k I want to smoke him without worrying about the motor.
Appreciate 0