View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

There's a DIY on this forum if you search for it. I wrote my own DIY for someone recently that's kind of an amendment to the other DIY, but you have to use it together with the other one, so it's not confusing, because I did leave out some steps in mine that were explained better in the other...

Anyway, there's two things you'll need to do.

1. Code the car for xenon first "Changing the Vehicle Order (VO)" by adding $522 to the FA string in the VO.

2. Code out all bulb checks within the headlight, including turn signal and parking lamp and of course high beam and low beam.

Here's some of my tutorial for Step #1. First, please review the Change Vehicle Order PDF that's in the coding section of this forum. Then proceed to review my process. Otherwise, you won't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Here's what you want to do:

1. Install the headlights and enjoy the xenon.
2. Adjust the aim of your headlights using the adjustment arms that require a Philips screwdriver.
3. Connect the coding cable normally, and open NCSExpert with your profile as normal.
4. After you click CAS module in the beginning, you'll get to the screen where you see the Chassis, the FG (VIN), the FA string with all the $ signs and hash marks and numbers, and the "Get Coded" at the bottom with every module listed.
5. Click Process ECU and select CAS from the submodules.
6. Click Read ECU.
7. Once it is read, open your TRC file in notepad, clear it out blank, and save it as your MAN file.
8. Do the coapiRead and SG_CODIEREN stuff like normal. This will set the CAS submodule back to stock.
9. Click the F1 button which will allow you to change the ECU.
10. Select your chassis again (if it makes you do that) then select NFRM from the submodule listing.
11. Repeat steps 6-8 to set the NFRM submodule back to stock.
12. Back out with the F6 button Zur/Back, and you should see the window I talked about in step 4.
13. Press F1 VIN/ZCS/FA
14. Press F2 Enter FA
15. Choose the chassis E89
16. The VIN should auto-fill in the field... make sure Calculate checksum is NOT CHECKED and click OK.
17. Type $522 in the Attribute field and click "Add"
18. Scroll down the list to make sure it was added.
19. Click OK
20. Press F6 Back
21. Press F4 Process ECU and select CAS submodule.
22. Press F2 Change Job and select FA_WRITE
23. Execute Job
24. Once job has ended, press F2 Change Job and select SG_CODIEREN and Execute Job.
25. Once job has ended, you should be able to select F1 to change the ECU and select NFRM.
25. Repeat steps 13-20.
26. Press F4 Process ECU and select NFRM submodule.
27. Repeat steps 22-24.

That should change the VO for you and give you the proper codes when you go back in and Read the NFRM from the new VO.

After you have done your normal read of the NFRM ECU submodule. Open your TRC, save it as MAN like normal, and do this:

Search for the self leveling line of code AUTO_LWR_ENABLE and change to nicht_aktiv

To enable inner halogen light as high beam and essentially reactivate the bixenon...

Search for
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_02
wert_03

Change it to
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01
wert_01

Coding for xenon is complete. You can now go back and add all your cool features again and disable all the bulb checks, etc.

Step #2
Please Review this post I wrote http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=83
Appreciate 0