View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyjones1209 View Post
I think part of the problem is I don't know what I want!!!

I do love the civil 335i as a cruiser and everyday car. It's undeniably quick but smooth in its torquey delivery so its easy to drive. I do like these characteristics but I also crave for the urgency and poise of the m3.

I agree that there are times where the 335i feels uneasy when being pushed. In fact I don't ever explore its boundaries as I'm not sure the car would appreciate such punishment. I feel I wouldn't have the same thoughts about an m3 but I'm put off by the perhaps dated look of the e46 and I fear that I'd find it tiresome having a car that's not as easy and forgiving to drive.

For now I think I'm keeping what I have. I'll sort a jb4 out after Xmas. I'm hoping to have a company car in the next 12 months so if this happens the car would have to go in place of a toy/track car. Maybe a vx220 turbo.....but that's a whole new thread
If you don't know what you want then keeping the 335i does indeed sound like the best plan! As for the JB4, I assume one of those - or a remap from somone like Evolve -would give you more straight line grunt and if that's what you crave then fair enough. I'm certainly not against more straight line go either but for me the weakness with the standard 335i is more the chassis than the engine and hence that's what I'd address first. All IMO of course and I do accept that not everyone wants the same from their car; for me a 335i that handles like my old M3 CS would do very nicely!
Appreciate 0