Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
thanks for the info.

1/ regarding the (front) Axxis deluxe versus Axxis ULT, is the ULT performance that much better that it is worth wearing out the rotars (probably) about 40% faster? i will go with the same rears you indicated : semi metalic posi quiet

2/ i am guessing that maybe you do circuit racing since you went with multiple calipers front and rear. is there a huge difference??
i ask becauese on the street, my stock brakes seem pretty good.

if you are tracking your 335, how did the stock brakes hold up before you changed out your calipers?

thanks
The ULTs are a great pad but let's face it, no matter what, if you are tracking the car hard the HAWK HT-10 is the perfect pad to have.
You'll be braking with just your toes.

The ULTs are a great pad to have if you don't want to change pads just for the track.
The EBC yellostuff pads are kind of like the ULTs but they have a higher temp rating, and they won't grab as well as the ULTs when cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
a friend/track instructor who tracks quite a bit with many different cars...including Porsche, corvette...thought the 335i brakes were very good for track. i thought they were good but I can't compare against other.
The 335 brakes are good, but IMO, there's nothing like having the multiple pistons grabbing that rotor.
Like I said above though, if you put a set of the Hawk HT-10s in the stock calipers, you will be probably be stopping better than BBKs with street pads.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0