View Single Post
      07-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
ak335
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownSpiritX5 View Post
I'm not sure if this is normal, but last night while I was parking, my 328i became very loud. At first I wasn't sure what it was, so I quickly turned the engine off and stepped outside to look. It seemed like the noise was coming from my fan compartment (I've never heard it be this loud). I started the engine again, and stepped outside and it was definitely coming from my fan.

I assumed the fan was moving much faster than other times probably because the engine heated up, but when I touched under the hood towards where the engine is located, it was weirdly cool and not as hot as I had suspected. INFACT, it was when I touched near my fan in the front, it was much hotter than the other surfaces on my hood, plus it was extremely loud.

So has this happened to anyone else before? Should I be worried about some part(s) not functioning as they should be? Could this be due to driving in sport mode (I accelerated and decelerrated perhaps way too much causing stress on the engine?) But I assume this car was built to handle that?

Also, my AC wasn't on, if that has to do with anything.

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Cars just cooling down, its completely normal