View Single Post
      08-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #21
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
So you are telling me the knock flag indicates knock at 3200 but no knock flag indicates knock at 5600 rpms? You are telling me this with IAT and timing that this occurred as fact. Finally, you are telling me with no decrease in boost and zero throttle closure two knocks occurred?

This is a thread that really deserves very little of this kind of stuff. If you want to make a new thread to debate how we can detect knock on a timing and IAT graph, then let's do it there ok?
We know the Status Knocking value does not always show up. It comes and goes too quickly it appears. But sharp drops in the ignition timing is indicative of knock being detected regardless of what the Status Knocking shows. And yes, boost may not change or throttle cut occur as timing is the primary method for eliminating knock.

A discussion on the data provided is not warranted in the thread presented? It is your thread and I shall respect your wishes. But at no point was this a knock (pun intended) on the write up as you did an excellent job and should be commended. It was merely on the presentation of the data and results as I, and I suspect others, may interpret it differently.

But I digress, it is your thread.
Appreciate 0