View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.41]
There's a lot more to an intercooler than just how efficiently air enters the face of the intercooler.

You could just combine all the best parts of each intercooler and make a HUGE intercooler that has staggered densely packed finpacks and think your good to go, but as soon as you look at what it did to your WGDC especially on a car that's already pushing the turbos to the limits you'll realize your intercooler is great at cooling, but is detrimental to overall peak performance.

Intercoolers are a science that require multiple angles of attack. The endtanks are a CRUCIAL part of the design as well. Now I'm not saying the Helix isn't great, I'm just saying this one feature on the Helix doesn't make it above and beyond the rest.

PS: Helix didn't invent the stepped core lol, a local race team has been building stepped cores for their track cars probably well before Helix was even around.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S