View Single Post
      10-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 430i m-sport Gran Coupe

Garage List
The extension should bring in the cash and is a worthwhile extra to do.

Firstly, the extension is common in the street, therefore popular, and will be attractive to buyers so provided you can stick to an extension cost of 30k, it will be fine. It looks to me from what you've posted, that family/friends/contacts will be doing quite a lot of the work which means that the 30k budget is achievable.

Yes, I am a QS, long time. From the point of view of experience in getting a QS job, doing this project would allow you to stick the following items in your CV (even better if you end up doing more than one of them):
Billing, schedules of material quantities, supplier and contractor procurement, specification drafting, cost control, public authority liaison, payments, project management, preparation of funding options, risk evaluation, property development, project reports, end of life costs and end of life value reconciliation, earned value analysis and marketing.

All legitimate things to say in a C.V. As a by the by, are you on SMM7 at Uni or have you moved on to NRM2?