Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
XM Roady XT in my 330i

Finally got a chance to work with the XM receiver setup and take some pictures. I originally was using my MyFi but my wife decided she wanted it for her Volvo, so I picked up a Roady XT ($49) and it really works out better since it is much smaller than the MyFi.

I did not change anything regarding the antenna cable connection to the shark fin lead in the truck. Just to recap here is how I set up my center console.

Radio Shack Dual 12v plug (for the iPod and Roady XT)
Monster iPod charger/adapter
20' XM extension cable (routed to the trunk, see previous post)
Mini Stereo jack for the iPod audio connection.
ABT Tech iJet RF Remote controller for iPod (painted the Remote Barrique Red) http://www.abtech2.com/iJet.php
XM Roady XT in Car Cradle using FM output to the Logic 7
Small Gel Pad sticky (Protects the Aluminum and keeps the Roady from sliding around).

I put the small piece of sticky pad just in front of the console armrest. The Roady is mostly held in place by the cables coming out of the console compartment when the compartment is closed. The sticky pad just keeps it from sliding around. I didn't want to permanently secure the Roady. I can easily move it back into the compartment. Also, the sticky pad helps protect the brushed aluminum from scratches.

I am very happy with this setup. It allows me to easily control the XM tuner and read the display, but is still non-permanent so I can hide it all in the Center Console compartment. The iJet remote is really nice. I like it because it is smaller than the Griffin model and has a very strong RF signal. And the best thing is I get to use the shark fin antenna and don't have any cable visible.

This is a pretty inexpensive way to get XM in your e90. I already had an XM account so activation of the new receiver was $9.99 plus $6.99/month. Other costs for this setup.....

Antenna extension $25 Shipped
iJet Remote $20 on sale @ Radio Shack
Dual 12v outlet $8
Roady XT $49 including Car Kit.
Sticky Pad $5

Thanks again to Steve40704 for the tip...
Attached Images