United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbmw
Hello,

I did a bunch of reading and i figured i would just ask because it is hard to find a straight answer anywhere on this. I have a set of 35W xenon h11 bulbs with ballists, e90 lci's have h8 bulb fog lights. From what i read, the h11 should fit in the h8 socket and i believe i have the connector (possible may need to to slightly modify). I guess my main concern is has anyone run into any heat issues with 35w xenon bulbs in the e90 lci fog light assembly?
before taking things apart i want to make sure i'm not going to ruin anything

Thanks
Hi, I've been running hid fogs for a couple of months. No issues, however keep in mind I don't always turn them on when I'm driving. No modification from the ballast to connector plug was needed. They snap right in but make sure you get the +- right. I electrical taped that joint to be safe. If your ballast aren't canbus you might need to wire a capacitor with the ballast to keep it from flickering.
Add Ons: Charcoal Filter Delete, K&N Drop-in, Air Scoops, HID Angel Eyes, Splitters, M3 Lip Spoiler, Gloss Black Kidney Grills, Blackvue DR500-GW, M-Tech rear, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 control arms, Bilstein HD
Appreciate 0