12-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #208
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
So what's preventing us, other than $, from replacing the steering arm/track strut and the camber link/roll over strut while we are at it?

So about $400+ in parts for the front, and $800+ for the rear to get all the nice aluminum bits & proper bushings from the M3. Add in Shocks+springs, rear sway, front and rear braces ($1600). A LSD. The M3 starts to look like a bargain!
The only link that doesn’t fit is the track strut. You have already seen a picture the M replica steering link in this thread which is slight longer but the same form and no compromise design. I’m only making a few sets at moment. Ask Harold if you really want a set as I will not sell them.

You can use M3 front and rear roll bars as well and probably the way to go with a Quaife. I would wait until Harold confirms before jumping on any of this as he will do proper assessment and stand behind it.

The rear shock and spring are not such a good idea but it will fit. Alterative damper are KW 335i/M3 as special order per piece, TC Kline and JRZ. The rear shock is identical to e46 configuration. The KW is possible but I have more details later.

There will be a few us with a few full M3 conversion plus a few special items as well to put the M3 behind one step.

The Hotchiks rear brace is a must if you’re planning to go with stiffer rear spring rates and damper.

Is it possible to create a complete all inclusive full suspension packages that work perfect as a complete system when you get it….yes it is.

Orb
Appreciate 0