View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

How did you go from lean codes, taking 3 hours to check what you could have verified in about 30 minutes of logging and checking with the AP, to having a slew of pre-cat O2 sensor codes - heater circuit, temperature, etc? Posting a list of codes before doing a simple google search is a little foolish, since there are posts all over that state the code verbiage for those you posted.

If you search first, post with more information and details, then ask questions, this thread would be clearer. I don't understand how you skip from lean codes to suddenly having a bunch of codes that you don't know what to do with other than, "I have one or more bad O2 sensors."

Did anyone mess with the pre-cat sensors? Accidentally pop the O2 heater fuse? Leave something unplugged? Whenever a customer comes to me asking or telling me to replace a part, my due diligence is to not do the requested work blindly, but to ask WHY. What are the steps they took to determine the reason? If their diagnostics are sound, I will still do the same diagnostics to ensure they're not wasting their money or my time. This has saved a lot of everyone's time and money.