View Single Post
      07-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #68
demon-
Rep
Drives: bmw e60 '07

Thanks for putting up with me. I'm just a little stressed from walking into this install blindly. This is not an easy car to do an install on. Your feedback is helpful because I have no other source of information on this besides scouring the net. I think I might have derailed a bit. I was just wondering, in your opinion, if putting a mid-bass (possibly part of a 3 way w/ 4" & tweets in the doors) under the seats would yield a good results. I have seen CDT do an install on a showcar, a BMW X3, like this http://caraudiomag.com/articles/cdt-audio-bmw-x3. Since I don't even want low pass, it appeals to me. I know the under seat speaker placement is meant for a sub. Do you think that a 6.5" mid bass would be ineffective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
If a subwoofer plays your music and sounds like shit to you, your subwoofer is set up wrong (98% likelihood) or you really don't like your music the way it is recorded. I'm going with the probable cause, that you've heard poorly set-up subs.
I'm not new to car/home audio. I'm just new to BMW. I am composer, multi instrumentalist, and speaker nut. I understand a sub is a very important component for some people. It might seem strange to you but it is my preference. If I start listening to dance music, rap, or desire a full spectrum to accurately reproduce a classical symphony then I will no doubt need to start using subs again. Installing a sub woofer is your average persons idea of a stereo upgrade. I focus on mids and highs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
Actually, a 6.5" sucks as a midrange It's the laws of physics, Captain.
I can't argue with science, but I don't use the laws of physics to decide what I like. I don't use charts when I'm listening to music, I use my ears.

Last edited by demon-; 07-12-2010 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0