United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Supersprint makes some very high quality stuff but I don't think they realized that other companies were going to make great DPs for much less.

Let's look and see why the price is so high.
Notice that the pipes are 100% mandrel bent with no welds. This alone demands high dollars.
When Riss Racing first came out with their pipes, they said that the pipes were 100% mandrel bent and then we came to find out that they were 100% mandrel bent pieces that were welded together. They grinded down the welds on the outside and poilshed them to make it look as if it was one piece.
When confronted, they said that 100% mandrel bent would cost a whole bunch more...Hence the reason why SS DPs are so expensive.

Another thing to think about is that they are using the flex joints, which uses the same ideology as the OEM DPs. I'm sure that wasn't cheap either.
The question is, "Do we really need the flex fit in the DPs?"
I personally don't think so because we have so much give throughout the rest of the exhaust.
Yes, but they've also broken each pipe into two pieces. Its unnecessary and I doubt it makes much of a difference. But, according to 'other' dp makers, they must be better since they cost more.
Appreciate 0