12-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky_and_me View Post
I installed it myself (no DSSR) but had to cut the holder cup of the shifter so I don't have to go under the car. $500 installed is a good price.

It does shorten the throws enough so that you can keep your elbow on the center console and shift with your wrist.
But 1st to 2nd still feels very long and just as bad on bumpy roads under heavy load. I think it's more to do with the movement in the drivetrain that the shifter itself but there definitely are still cases when it simply won't go in unless you force it.

All that being said, their customer service is HORRIBLE. I waited 2 months (they had a promotion at the time too calling every other day and every time it was supposed to ship tomorrow or even today. Finally cancelled the direct order with UUC and ordered via a re-seller (regular price) and they shipped it in a week.
Tried to get the sway bar set but the shop that was going to install them gave up after waiting over a month so warn your shop that they won't be getting the parts any time soon.
Yea I was going to order it myself from UUC then $200 for install but I guess maybe I should order from somewhere else. The only thing that's really kept me from pulling the trigger already is I feel like I could find a much better use for the 500 since I don't really mind the oem shifter that much... I've driven my friends STi and S4 with a ssk and those were really nice since they were extremely short but from what i'm reading this is only really a 30% difference.
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0