View Single Post
      03-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

Question Cyba quad tips, did anyone keep exhaust valve?

It's been a while since I posted here. I purchased the Cyba quad tips and CF diffuser and installed them more than a year ago. I couldn't be happier with the looks.

During the install the shop seemed to have a hard time cutting and welding the new tips without cutting off the exhaust valve that comes stock behind the tip on the driver's side so we cut it off. I liked the sound (a little louder, more gurgling, a little droning) but after all these months I would like to quiet it down back to stock levels.

Initially I thought the sound was louder because of the increased tip size cross area but after reading some threads I realize it is most likely the missing exhaust flap valve. The problem is the valve is gone (trashed it at the shop back then) and even if I was able to get it back I'm not sure it would fit.

So... does anyone here have the Cyba quads installed and was able to keep the stock exhaust valve? Is it possible to get the valve portion anywhere to try to weld it back on? Anyone here care to sell it?

Thanks!

Appreciate 0