09-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #67
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Paul, you just need to do exactly the same as when you first updated the system.

Go to the imenu, by clicking the controller down on the idrive main menu -> roll down to BMW Service settings -> Service status -> Push down to options -> Update services

All of this requires the ability for your car to connect to whichever mobile network BMW Assist uses.

If there are any changes to Assist, your car will download them (which I doubt, because there hasn't been any changes, at least since you first had it installed).

I only just noticed, but the ability to call locations sent down by Assist automatically appears after you turn on your pre-paired BT phone!

Also, all of the main Assist menus are available by voice recognition, but you do still have to select any submenus yourself.

Perhaps this is the ideal time to test out your SOS button- well it is an emergency, for you, at least!

All the best.

Viv
Viv, I thought perhaps it was in there - that's the problem, I can't get into any options like "Options" as they are all effectively greyed out/not responding. Very odd. I'm hoping when mine works I'll be able to use the shortcut keys on the dash to store the location of the "messagaes" option and therefore go straight to it!
Appreciate 0