DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
BTW, off topic, I've read your comments on here, and other sections of the forums about driving with traction control off. For a vehicle like ours without a stock LSD, this is VERY VERY dangerous. Our car is too prone to snap oversteer. You can drive the car with dsc limited, but as others told you in those threads, it's a bad idea to turn the system off completely. I and even a very experienced instructor have done 360 degree spins in either direction with DSC off. A guy on here who I introduced to the track crashed with his 335I because he ignored this warning, that I gave him in person, at the track.

Just FYI.
I dunno, the car didn't seem that unstable to me before the LSD, and definitely not afterwards.

Of course spins can happen, especially driving it at the limit on the track. Watch a race lately? Those guys crash too.

You aren't going to learn to drive the car with the traction control on. Period.

And to be clear: Don't bring anything to the track you aren't willing to destroy. Use caution and prudence out on the street where conditions are unknown and other people are out there too.

Last edited by DallasBoosted; 01-29-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0