Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_335
Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post

Only on this car is $370 for a new battery considered a "deal."

I bought one with exact matching specs for $110, installed myself and got a friend to code it for free. A little DIY goes a long way.
Yeah, no shit. I typically like to DIY, but they had me in a bad spot in this case. Totally sucks. I should have put quotes around the word deal.
Please don't think the BMW batteries and these $110 batteries even compare.

In 100 percent seriousness batteries degrade over time, especially via vibration. The BMW batteries are built much sturdier and do outlast cheap batteries. They match the power output but not over time. Believe me or not but being a tech I only go with oem batteries. I've seen people replacing duralasts every 7-8 months. It all depends on the driver as well, if you were still rocking a 06 battery, a cheapo might not be so bad, most batteries we see only last a few years. Usually indicates some good highway trips when they last that long.

I do apologize Jon that an issue came up with your car. I was not the technician who worked on your car but in the future feel free to ask for Ashley or I (Ryan) I'll make sure you don't run into the same issue. Im glad they did get it taken care of for you, and if you have any further concerns do not hesitate to contact me. We want to show that all dealers are not so scary to work with.

2010 E92 335i 6-speed 25k miles. - For sale.
1989 E30 325i coupe 5-speed DD

Last edited by BMWN54tech; 03-20-2013 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0