04-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #118
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Do you work at VTT marketing? What is your claim based on that a majority of units "last a long time"?? Maybe it's time to open your eyes. At this rate of failure there is either a serious quality control problem or a conceptual issue.

My bet is on the later as VTT has experience in turbo builds. Therefore I can't imagine he cheaped out on essential parts. But maybe he just didn't account for some specificies of the N54 setup.
Well first I wasn't saying anything about Vargas or any other vendor specifically.
There will be early failures of any part and in some cases others will last forever.

So no, I don't have any affiliation with any vendor on or off this forum.

I don't know what the issue is and don't care to speculate.

When it's time for turbos, I'll buy Vargas. I'll drive to the shop and let them install them.
If I lived near RB, I'd buy RB's and let him or a shop that works closely with him install.
If those were not options, I'd only get OEM from the dealer.

Why? If anyone installs their own parts and they fail, I only need to go to one place to sort it out.
They can eat the labor, because it's their part and their labor.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.

Last edited by techwhiz; 04-30-2014 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Added content
Appreciate 0