View Single Post
      08-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Raja's Paint Protection Film Details and Pix Part II

Paint Protection Film - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Since 2002, my services have been Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland’s top choice for Paint Protection film installation and paint care. What makes my service unique is simple: Uncompromising level of passion, attention to details, workmanship and last but not least the extensive knowledge of high end luxury cars. I continue to stay up with industry’s top leading-edge manufacturers to provide the best product/service for my clients.

Being a car enthusiast myself, I continue to provide same level of attention to detail and service to my customers. With seven plus years of installation experience, I consistently provide the highest caliber of work on each and every car. I hope my competitive pricing, hand picked product choice, and unmatched customer service makes my business number #1 choice for your car care.

I offer both Paint Protection film (Ventureshield) and Auto Detailing services in the area greater Washington DC area.

As the paint protection technology evolves, so has the ways of protecting the car’s paint. Paint protection is no longer just wax and sealants. With governmental regulations lead based paint has turned into water based paint. Although the paint’s gloss has not changed due to this but the strength of the paint surely has become a lot softer. Softer paint means prone to rock chips and damages easily. To combat the evolving changes, many have chosen to install urethane Paint Protection kits on their cars to prevent their car looking like the sky filled with stars at night.

Paint Protection Film (Ventureshield/3M) and other paint protection film have been in the market since the late 90s. With average price of cars rising and many cars in the 6 figures, there has never been clearer choice than now to install Paint Protection film on your car.

I thank you for visiting my thread and becoming a worry-free motorist on the road.

Here are some FAQs that may help you get familiar with the film.

Is Ventureshield/3M paint protection film invisible?
The film is very difficult to see once it is installed correctly. In general people will not know it unless you point it out to them.

Will the film yellow over time?
All Urethane PaintProtectionFilm that is on market will change color to some degree over time depending on how well it is maintained. However, this is something that a naked eye will not be able to detect. All Ventureshield Paint Protection film comes with Lifetime warranty again fading and yellowing. Earlier generation films did yellow after several years. However, the latest generation of films released by Ventureshield/3M as of Late 2007 is guaranteed not to change color.

Can the film be removed if for any reason one does not want it on their car any longer?
No, it will not damage factory paint or properly cured paint if removed from the car.

Will Ventureshield/3M ruin, damage or hurt the car’s paint?
Absolutely not. This is designed to protect the car not damage the paint.

Are some brands easier to install than others?
There isn’t a yes or no answer to this question. It all depends on the installer’standards. As an enthustiast myself and running a smaller operation (vs. mass production). I can maintain the highest standard in the industry along with attention to detail.

What is the approximately time for installation of a kit?
Installations take typically 5-6 hours, plus an additional one hour to prepare the car. Claying along AIO (All in One) Paint cleaner is used to clean the surface before installation. This is part of my package. Many shops charge additional for this. However, I believe in complete service from start to delivery as one package deal.

Also, custom kits or full installation such as full hood, fenders require additional time.

Some do not like the partial kit. Are there kits that cover the entire hood?
Yes, on most cars I have template for entire hood and fenders. We have rolls covering hood up to 60” Roll for entire panels.

Will the film leave be a two-tone effect if the film is ever removed?
Under regular maintenance (wash & wax) etc. there will not be any way to tell if film was ever on the car.
It will not leave mismatched colors/

Is the application of the film permanent?
No. That is the true beauty of the Ventureshield Paint Protection film. It can be removed if needed. However, it does require some time for removal.

What is the warranty of the product and service?
Ventureshield has a limited warranty against fading, cracking, peeling and yellowing.. I also provide all my clients with a Limited Lifetime Warranty on installations and on film.

Do I need to prep the care before installation?
No preparion is required. As I will gladly prepare the surface before installing. However, I do ask that the car does not come in with excessive dirt or covered in mud.

How do you clean was build up along the seams and how can I avoid it?
I personally recommend using a 3M painters tape to cover up the seams when waxing to avoid wax build up. However, not all must follow this step. And if there is wax build up, it’s very easy to clean it up. One can use MicroFiber towel with lubricant to remove the build-up. I will be more than happy to demonstrate for you when you pick up the car.

For further questions, or pricing please give me a call at ************** or PM me.
Appreciate 0