11-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #114
khurmit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2funky4u
Been trying to get some movement on my 56 plate 335 and this is the response I had from cust services....any suggestion on how I can move this forward?

Thank you for your further email dated November 16, 2012. I am very grateful for the time which you have taken to contact us regarding the security update we have enforced for certain BMW models.

I can certainly appreciate your concern and eagerness to have this work completed as a matter of urgency. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that your vehicle has not been one of those identified as prone to this particular method of theft. This being the case, BMW UK has not developed a security update available to you.

I am sorry that you will remain disappointed with this response. I acknowledge that you have conducted your own research onto this matter via the Internet. With regret, the information found on certain forums, although useful can often misrepresent a potential situation. This being the case, we are unable to progress your concerns forward based on the information you have found online.

I trust that this email clarifies our final response. Thank you for taking the time to contact BMW UK
Using the attachments uploaded here, I would demonstrate to them that the weakness they have identified is with the window roll down feature (hence they disable it) and then show them on your car that the windows roll down with the key in the lock, hence the weakness does exist.
Appreciate 0