02-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
Robert, remember that you only experience boost when the car is accelerating once up to speed My understanding is that the extreme boost is reduced.

Obviously the turbos spin over but they are not under the load that they would be on HARD acceleration.

Having seen your logs, I'd not worry about it too much, take it up a % or two and see what happens.

End of the day, ANY modifications to the engine are probably going to reduce your engine's life, but how much and how badly, depends on the level of tune you take it to, but you're putting your car to exremes that have not been tested by anyone else, so you're just going to have to test it and take it easy.

I'd say if you're serious about doing it a bosst gauge is now a must... Mine gets to me in 1 week

SJ
Thanks James,

Its not that I want to overboost and kill my turbos life.. but im trying to figure out, when i do up the TQ values, what a normal boost tapering amount should be.. of course i dont want to push it, but i have no idea what a normal drop after 5500rpms is..

As for the boost guage, im going to get one as well as i think its quite a wise idea..

cheers
Appreciate 0