08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
Leases are only good if you have a business to write it off against, otherwise your payments are completely lost. The next best bet is to buy 2-3 year old used vehicle with low mileage, when you sell it a year later, the money you've spent on the vehicle subtracted by what you sell it for is a significant savings over the sum of your leasing payments.
I agree with you - however it also depends on your financial situation and what you really want.

Just my 2 cents:

Some people say leasing is a waste of time...well if you want a 335i and you dont want to worry about re-selling it later (when the warranty is expired) leasing may be the right thing to do....you'll save a lot of time - you just have to make sure your car is up to par when returning.

Sure you're paying the depreciation (when you lease), but you probably paid some depreciation anyways when you re-sell your purchased car...

remember your car will not sell quickly if it has a history of true or potential issues. Especially if the warranty has run out! A smart person would go CPO...instead of private sale.
Appreciate 0