smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Getting this fitted locally looks to be a PITA so I'm going to have to tackle this myself.

I have an '08 E93 with sports seats, electric with driver memory. What parts excatly do I need to install so that I can get this to work?

I understand that I'll need x2 modules, heated seat activation buttons and surrounding trim for the centre console, and (it appears under debate) that I need need x3 heating elements for each seat. Is that correct? Also are these plug & play (+coding of course)?

If so and I can source these parts and fit them, all I need is coding?
Coding you can do yourself if you get the cable. Just add the VO option for heated seats. There is a DIY thread on how to do this linked earlier in this thread. Sport seats will have 3 heating elements. One for the back rest, bottom rest, and thigh support. You will need two seat modules one for each seat. The modules for the driver seat is different from that of the passenger seat as the driver seat has memory position. You will also need the wiring loom (I made my own) to hook up to the fuse box. I would also invest in hog ring pliers and new hog rings when installing the heating elements. (I have yet to install my heating elements in my car). Another option to the surround trim and buttons is to replace the HVAC control panel with one that has the heated seat buttons on them instead (newer cars have this). There are threads of people reporting that this works fine as opposed to the seperate trim panel and buttons. It makes sense as the separate buttons simply plug into a connector on the back of the HVAC control panel.

you can look at my old post for part numbers. I'm assuming that the convertible heating elements are the same as coupe / sedans.
Appreciate 0