sourphish
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 i4 M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
yes a visit to both norcal and socal are needed for sure before you decide, i've spent long periods of time in both area of california (age 0-17 norcal 17-24 socal) and they are completely different worlds. when you visit socal make sure you visit la downtown and the residential areas to get a better feel, with oc it's largely residential so that won't be a problem, same with sd (well check out downtown gaslamp area for sure), in the bay check out the east bay area like fremont, san jose, and then check out sf for sure, but what's your budget for rent looking like? that will play a big factor on where you live in both socal AND norcal
I'm the opposite basically. 0-18 in socal (san gabriel valley) and 18-24 in norcal (SF and East Bay). I definitely grew more...calm in norcal. I hate LA traffic.
Do you have other preferences in terms of things you would like to do, to learn, neighborhood demographics, city vs suburbia, food preferences (e.g. organic foods movement, cuisines styles), weather, etc? Just throwing random things to consider and we could help guide you.