08-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #37
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo1985 View Post
Estimates on Iraq Body Count website estimate around 15% of total civilian deaths in Iraq are attributed to the coalition....

5/5 I reckon. Lol.

Anyway I'm glad you took my post in good jest.
Lol 5/5 ok i'll give you a pass.

To be honest we can all talk about this for hours and hours but at the end of the day no one really knows whats happening out there, who the real tyrants are. We can just make opinions on what we've read/researched. I just hope no one bases their research on the mainstream media (not saying you do).

Tony20009: you've made my head hurt so i'll stop here lol. You obviously know quite a bit. But saying civilian deaths are collateral is the modern way of defending the deaths. We/USA should fight the army/governments properly. If you can't be accurate enough then don't. It seems civilian lives are way down the priority scale. Which has enabled some troops to say "Hey look at those brown people wearing hats, lets bomb 'em!". Not saying every troop has this mentality, but there are documented cases of this happening. Also cases of rape, murders and sexual torture which i'm sure everyone's heard about. This is because like i said deaths of civilians are just "collateral". It's also a clever way to divide and conquer (making muslims in that region fear/hate the US to create hatred towards them, then saying hey look these muslims hate us they are terrorists!).

Also about the ICC, yes i agree its a shamble. My point was really they could at least make a token gesture. Imagine the shame if a top US official got an arrrest warrant. Even though they can't enforce it it would still send out a message. It would let doubters know that there is something wrong about that person. Its not about prosecuting them, which would be great, but more about sending out a message and making people aware.

Also since when has the US given a shit about their constitution? Mass surveillance and data goes on as has been confirmed recently which surely violates their constitution? I'm sure there's loads of other examples. Holding people without trial? At the end of the day if the Government wants to do something, they will do it and make it sound legit.
Appreciate 0