View Single Post
      05-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
huh13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: soon to be 335i coupe

I am in SoCal too. Got my car for $250 over invoice. Haggling was pretty much non existent. I figured out the invoice pricing for my car by looking at the "Confidential Dealer Order Sheet" that is posted on these forums. I then emailed all the dealers in the area and gave them the list of all the options I wanted with my calculated invoice pricing. I explicitly told them I am ready to buy right now and that I am shopping around with all the other dealers for the best price and asked what kind of deal they could give me. A day or two later I had a number of emails with deals anywhere from $250-$1000 over invoice + MACO and training fees. I then just contacted the dealers I heard good things about and told them that "one dealer offered me $250 over invoice, can you match it?" A few of them did and that was it. Easy. I didn't bother trying to haggle the price down to invoice, but I am assuming it is possible.

Also, Phych, I do not believe the dealer is telling you $1000 over invoice. They said you "give them $1000" because that is the deposit you pay when you place your order. Although my car was $250 over invoice, I still had to pay a $1000 deposit the day I placed my order.

And depending on your dealer, the car should arrive anywhere from 2-3 months. Just make sure you insist on making your order Priority 1. I did not know about this and it looks like my car is going to take me ~10 wks.
Appreciate 0