United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I do indeed remember, though I haven't yet had occasion to use that discount, except on an alignment I had done when I got new tires (long story). But at the moment I go to Flamingo for all of the service I have done beyond Ultimate Service partly out of convenience, partly because I'm not sure how track-friendly BMW of Austin is (though I've mentioned to my SA that my car sees the track), and partly because I've become friends with Joe there anyway -- plus as my HPDE instructor, Joe both rides in and drives my car at the track, which means he has a vested interest in making sure it's in peak operating condition there!

That said, I've had nothing but great experiences with my SA Thad Tucker there; bought him a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black for Christmas since he's gone above and beyond for me on several occasions.

Congrats on the new 335i being near! You hear a lot more of the wastegate blowoff on the N55 than the N54, reminds you even more that there's a turbo under the hood. Have you found a new home for your E92? And do you have your mod/performance upgrade list already sorted out?
Hi John - yes, I've decided that aside from the M-Perf exhaust and black grilles that will be installed at the port, I'm going to wait for Dinan S2 (not quite ready for F30 yet) and a 5" intercooler. Probably will add wheels/tires when the stockers wear out.

I've had several bites on the car, but no firm purchasers yet, although I have 2 that are requesting more info and indicating they're serious buyers. One's from up in the Dallas area. Car's running SUPER good with this cool air...almost hate to give it up, but can't keep 3 cars.

See you at B&B this weekend, although we may not do the lunch - I'm not sure if Louie M's can do 100 people or thereabouts without a huge wait time. Also, I'm awaiting word from Dudley at BMWofAus regarding when the car will arrive - might be next weekend!

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0