01-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #82
bucktown
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Your gsxr's electrical system is much less complicated than our BMWs.

It's not so much the quality of the kit in this situation. It's how it's setup.

You can get the best HID kit money can buy, but if you don't alter the PWM signal, it will be useless.
I agree that the systems running the lights are very different, I was merely commenting on my experiences with this particular kit in response to posts like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
I agree the pnp hid kit are hack jobs. I feel people would want to know the ddm kit is atleast ruining their ae housing and should seek a high quality kit with uv protection if they are focused on long term longevity and reliability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Of course you can code a generic hid kit but if you dont know how to code how much do you have to pay? And if you do know how to code how much did that fancy cable cost and hours spent learning how to code? Besides all that the ddm tuning kit is notorious for its high failure rate. They also use cheap bubls which dont protect against uv, that cause yellow of angel eye housing and discoloration of the housing over time. For the record i dont sell any hid so im not "mad" im just throwing out some facts. My buddy just picked up 2 ddm tuning kits recently 1 works and the other failed in 2 weeks. Those kits cost ddm about 6-10 wholsale. Our friends at hpb spend ove 5x that for the high quality stuff.
Appreciate 0