12-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvyByNature View Post
Sounds like you're having a bad day there buddy, lol. I'd rather be an optimistic that something will be developed 'eventually'.

As for them being out to make money, yes they are out to make money. When the market dictates opening up new sales channels to bring in revenue, any businessmen with common sense will do that.

Seeing that BMW is going F/I on the 3/4 series, their ability to fully exploit profits from the engine becomes limited. No more building of S/C's for the F30/F32...etc. Meaning... a majority of profits would have come from tuning & parts sales. Which is great... however, they would have to find a way to diversify themselves... meaning looking for additional areas they would exploit.

I may be wrong on all of what I stated above, but it is a possibility. Being in the financial sector, many things were once 'taboo' to profit off of, but when the buck tightens, you expand in areas you once said 'no' too (not talking about the crazy mortgage stuff).

Stay optimistic and things will find a way to happen.
Not having a bad day, I'm just frustrated with the accumulating number of crap threads in this section of the forum. I bet you 90% of threads in this section fall under

1) AA vs whoever
2) Updates on MWW
3) How to do a "dual" exhaust
4) Can I turbo/sc my n52?
5) BMW Performance exhaust/intake vs whatever aftermarket

And it's this "optimism" that you refer to that just perpetuates the unbelievable depth of retardness associated with these noob 101 topics. As andrey gta mentioned, the only informative threads in this section is regarding maintenance. Everything else is just a result of new owners too lazy to conduct a search. This NA section is a JOKE. You literally could delete 90% of threads here and just create a single sticky for the 5 topics I just listed and no new threads would ever need to be created.

You're in finance, so am I, cool.